The Music Mill

The Music Mill

What Have I learnt? Was the placement sucessful?

I think that the placement was sucessful in that I enjoyed being part of it. I think that the actual festival is great and it is brilliant to think that all of these musicans, artists and organisers have come together to share their talents with the local community of Dartmouth and the rest of the bay.
Overall, I believe that the festival was a sucess and the feedback from the public was positive as always.


Looking back, I think that I have learnt from the experience, and it has been sucessful in that I have seen the 'Behind the scenes' of the DMF.


Here is a list of positive experiences that I feel I have taken away from the placement:


  • Meeting new people/ Networking
  • Learning about audio equipment
  • Learning about live sound
  • Being part of a voluntary team
  • Supporting the festival events
  • How to work to a time scale
  • How to work under pressure
Although I did enjoy this work placement, I feel that there could have been slightly more teaching input by Jamin Events and if given more time,  perhaps more hands on or practical work. I also feel that I should have researched more about sound equipment before doing the work placement in order to have felt more able to partake.
I have learnt that you have to be a quick thinker whilst running the sound for various events, if something goes wrong, wether it be a technical fault or a miscommunication, you have to know what to do in order to satisfy the musicians and the audience. At times it was quite stressful, as people are relying on you to do a good job, and you do not want to dissapoint them.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Sophie, sounds like you have got a lot out of this placement and given me some ideas also, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete